Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Moving

Moving is hard.  I've done it many times in my adult life, from dorms to apartments to condos.  Moving with four kids from one house to another, however, takes things to a whole new level.

If it's any indication of how much time and energy it has taken for us to pack up everything in the old house, get it into the new house, and then actually unpack most things, let's just say that our actual move date was about 2.5 weeks ago.  I've been meaning to write about this very special experience, except that every time I have a free moment I feel compelled to open a box or move something to a new location.

The good news is that we made it through.  We have accepted an offer on the old house and should -- knock on wood -- be closing on that in mid-April.  At that point, we can officially exhale and be done with the two mortgage/house/major renovation stress of our lives.  I'm sure we'll be doing projects on this new house for years to come, but at least there will only be one to worry about!

The clan, as you can tell from the pictures, is having no problem getting settled in.  (Don't ask why I seem to only take pictures when everyone is in pajamas -- it just has worked out that way recently for some reason …)





No comments:

Post a Comment